Health System Navigator
Health System Navigators are trained, culturally sensitive workers who will provide you with support and guidance throughout your health care experience. Responding in hospital and connecting you to other services as needed, they serve as a single point of contact to provide resources and assistance for clients/patients dealing with any mental health and/or substance-use issues.
The Navigator works closely with physicians, members of the health care team and community agencies to assist you and your family in accessing clinical and supportive care services offered in the Rainy River District.
Your Health System Navigator will help you with:
- Risk assessments and safety planning
- Addiction & Mental Health Screening, Assessment & Treatment Planning
- Building Relationships with Local Groups and Agencies
- Linkages to Follow-up Services, including Detox and Treatment
- Updates and/or Changes to Local Groups and Service Agencies
- Support and Encouragement through Patient Advocacy and follow-up